Can you believe that another year has begun? Wasn’t it just the beginning of 2018 and here we are January 1st, 2019. I swear the year went by fast. Whether you like it or not, the truth is we have a brand new year right in front of us.
Every year for the past two years I choose a word of what I want to focus on throughout the year.
- In 2017 I chose DEEPER
- In 2018 I chose THRIVE
- So this year, 2019, I chose INTENTIONAL
Intentional? Now you are probably wondering what that means but I want to be intentional in so many areas of my life and how I live. This year I am declaring that it will be the year of being intentional.
- I want to be intentional in my relationship with JESUS!
- I want to be intentional in my friendships!
- I want to be intentional in how I spend my time!
- I want to be intentional in investing in others!
- I want to be intentional in serving my community and church!
- I want to be intentional with my blog!
- I want to be intentional with my social media!
- I want to be intentional in the way I write and with my words!
My verse for the year is found in the book of Ephesians.
Therefore see that you walk carefully [living life with honor, purpose, and courage; shunning those who tolerate and enable evil], not as the unwise, but as wise [sensible, intelligent, discerning people], making the very most of your time [on earth, recognizing and taking advantage of each opportunity and using it with wisdom and diligence], because the days are [filled with] evil. Therefore do not be foolish and thoughtless, but understand and firmly grasp what the will of the Lord is.
Ephesians 5:15-17 (AMP)
This leads me to my goals for this year and how I am going to work to achieve them. When I set my goals for the year I don’t always achieve them and sometimes they change as the year goes on. Remember that no one is perfect but as long as you give it your best shot that’s all that matters.
1. Read the Bible Chronologically in a year!
- I bought the One Year Expressions Chronological Bible.
- It’s a journaling/coloring Bible.
- My goal is to keep up with the reading each day.
2. Word Before World!
- Start my day with Jesus!
- Read my Bible before anything else.
- Open His Word before my phone.
- Mentor someone this year.
- Be mentored by someone this year.
- Walk alongside them on their journey of faith
- Encourage and keep them accountable.
- Invest and be invested in.
4. Write More Often!
- Journal every day.
- Blog more often.
- Write out my prayers.
- Journal and doodle scriptures.
- Get my personal thoughts down in writing.
5. Continue Improving My Prayer Life!
- Pray daily.
- Pray for others.
- Write out my prayers.
- Ask others what I can pray for.
These are just five of my goals. I’m sure I will have more as the year progresses. I’m not perfect and there will be times that I fail or things get in the way but as long as I remember to not give up or get discouraged I’ll be alright. As for now, this is what I will be focusing on and being intentional about. I pray as we start this new year that we reflect on all the blessings that are ahead.
How are you going to live this year? What word did you choose? I’d love to connect with you and pray for you as we start this new year.